World Migratory Bird Day is May 8, 2021 - save the date to join folks across Iowa and the world to celebrate our migratory marvels! Below is a list of local events happening across the state. Enjoy a spring day of birding with friends!
- Big Bluestem Audubon Society Annual Bird-a-thon (Ames; contact Eric Ollie for details)
- Bird hike at Crooked Bend with Story County Conservation (Ames; click here for details)
- Loess Hills Audubon Society Annual Bird-a-thon (Sioux City; contact Bill Huser for details)
- Building Better Birders and Citizen Science workshops at the Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center (Sioux City; visit their events calendar for more information)
- Iowa City Bird Club Annual Spring Migration Count (click here for details)
- Birds and Brew - join Fayette County Conservation for a free cup of coffee and family-friendly bird hike at Echo Valley State Park (West Union; click here for details)
- Saylorville Reservoir field trip with Des Moines Audubon (Des Moines; meet at the Saylorville Visitor Center at 8:00 AM)
- World Migratory Bird Day celebration in Marion (Thomas Park from 12-3 PM)
Know about an event happening hear you? Contact us to add it to our list! Click here to learn more about World Migratory Bird Day.